Microdesk was enlisted for a fabrication database audit and optimization in adherence with quality fabrication standards. Binsky allowed Microdesk full access to the database where the VDC consultant team made comprehensive changes and subsequently tested for anomalies and errors to ensure spooling workflow accuracy. The goal was to establish a uniform naming convention and content organization which involved:
- Standardized Global database naming conventions to assist with administrative daily tasks, bill of materials and future ITM content creation.
- Modified existing ITM content folder structures to best match job specifications and part submittals.
- Implemented joint and gasket kit connectivity automation logic.
- Created Binsky company standard service templates for Revit multi-point routing.
- ITM CID Revit compatibility maintenance.
Utilizing uniquely developed applications and workflows, similar to those available in the commercial BIMrx Fabrication platform, Microdesk customized the Autodesk Revit Fabrication database to be streamlined regarding content, naming, images and syntax for all BIM content currently in use. Prioritizing Binsky’s needs alongside the expertise of VDC consultants allowed Microdesk to create the ideal set-up for the fabrication firm.