In AutoCAD Architecture, I’ve been having an issue where my “F” command is prompting “fast select” instead of “fillet.” How can I fix this?
There may be a couple of things happening. AutoCAD Architecture has an AutoComplete function for when people are typing into the CommandLine input. Your issue is stemming from the fact that when you type “F” it is assuming that you are typing “FS” for fast select. This is I would recommend you fix this issue.
- Left click on the wrench icon on the left side of the Command Line
- In the Input Search Option dialog, make sure you have sort suggestions set to “according to frequency of use” instead of “alphabetically” (Fast Select is defaulting first because its higher up in the alphabet).
- Fillet, being the command that you use more frequently, should be the default AutoComplete choice.
If you still find that you’re having issues, disable AutoComplete temporarily.
- To do this you need to hit the spacebar or enter key before the CommandLineSuggestion List.
- Try using your Fillet command several times (using your “F” shortcut), and you should be able to get that command to the top of your frequency sort list.
If that doesn’t help there could be acad.lsp file running that might be adding command shortcuts. To find out launch the “AppLoad” command. You should be able to see at h the bottom of the window a listing of loaded applications. You can unload any applications you don’t want to be run in this window.